Your hands are literally crawling with germs and bacteria. On any given day, you probably touch hundreds of objects. No wonder germs spread so quickly! Did you know that the average office worker touches roughly 30 objects each and every minute? That same person also touches his or her face 18.5 times each hour. That adds up to a very high risk of catching a virus!
Stop spreading viruses: Follow these handy tips for washing your hands properly.
Wash your hands often:
- Before, during and after preparing food
- Before eating
- Before and after taking care of a sick person
- When your hands are visibly dirty
- After going to the bathroom
- After coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose
- After handling pet food or litter
- After handling garbage
- After sharing a cell phone or other electronic device
Keep hand sanitizer on hand at all times. Simply rub your hands vigorously for 15 seconds to remove 99.99% of bacteria – no water needed!